Nominations have now closed. See the Candidates!
This update contains important details about "Meet the candidate" sessions, who can vote and how to vote. I would like to extend a huge thank you to all the candidates for putting themselves forward. Their names, with links to their drupal.org profiles, and nominations are at the end of this post.
Board members for the Drupal association are selected in two ways. Most board members are people recommended by the nominating committee to bring specific skills and experience to the table. However two members are elected by the community. These elections are designed to fill those two community "At Large" positions.
Meet the Candidate Sessions
Note: If you are a candidate and none of these times work for you please let Donna Benjamin (kattekrab) know as soon as you can.
Meetings are scheduled to take place at these times using IRC and the Drupal Association teleconference facility.
Meet the Candidate Sessions
|UTC time||US Pacific time||Australian Eastern time||Outcomes|
|Session 1||8pm Tues 18 Sep||1pm Tues 18 Sep||6am Wed
|Session 1 Questions & Discussion|
|Session 2||8pm Wed 19 Sep||1pm Wed 19 Sep||6am Thu
|Session 2 Questions & Discussions *|
|Session 3||10am Thu 20 Sep||3am Thu 20 Sep||8pm Thu
|Session 3 Questions & Discussions *|
|Session 4||10am Fri 21 Sep||3am Fri 21 Sep||8pm Fri
|Session 4 Questions & Discussions|
* includes chat log and audio recording
Times were selected using Doodle.com
#drupal-association on the freenode network
For more information on how to participate via IRC see http://drupal.org/irc or join in via the web interface http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=drupal-association
Teleconf dial-in details
Information on how to dial in to the teleconference voice service is on the Association website here: https://association.drupal.org/about/meet
Voting is open 24 Sep 2012 - 7 Oct 2012
Who can vote?
You are eligible to vote if you have an account on drupal.org, logged in during the past 12 months, and created your account before 31 August 2012 when the election was announced.
How to vote?
- Login at http://association.drupal.org
- Go to https://association.drupal.org/vote2013
[NOTE: this link will not be live until voting actually opens]
- Check a box confirming you are eligible to vote.
- Rank the candidates in your order of preference.
You do not need to rank all candidates.
- Save the form.
How does voting work?
Voting uses the "Instant Runoff" method powered by the Decisions module. For more about this method of voting, watch this helpful YouTube video which explains it with post-it notes! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA3_t-08Vr0
Election 2013 Candidates
In the order they submitted their nominations... Full name links to nomination statement, username links to profile on drupal.org
- Floh Klare - (SirFiChi)
- Todd Tomlinson - (toddtomlinson)
- J. Matthew Saunders - (MatthewS)
- Chris Ward - (chrischinchilla)
- Valery Lourie - (valthebald)
- Aimee Maree Forsstrom - (amaree)
- Narayan Newton - (nnewton)
- David Stoline - (dstol)
- Joseph Bachana - (joebachana)
- Pedro Cambra - (pcambra)
- Jeremy Thorson - (jthorson)
- Simon Hobbs - (sime)
- Morten Birch Heide-Jørgensen - (mortendk)
- Steven De Costa - (starl3n)
- Bert Boerland - (bertboerland)
- Jeffrey A. "jam" McGuire - (horncologne)
- Steve Purkiss - (stevepurkiss) (withdrawn)
- Forest Mars - (forestmars)