Join the Drupal Association's global initiative to bring Drupal to the masses! Started in 2012, the goal for the program, set by the Drupal Association's Board, was to educate more people on the Drupal project. To this end, we partner with training companies so that on one day each quarter the DA promotes training events around the world with one of two curriculums, "Intro to Drupal" full day training or a half day "What is Drupal?" workshop. The DA and trainers both promote these events through their own channels.
The community started this initiative on February 24, 2012 and we are now moving into our third year and seeking trainers to participate in the next global training on Friday, February 28, 2014 (if you are in a location that makes Saturday a better choice, March 1st is fine also). Will you join us? We want to expand our list of trainers so we can educate even more people on the benefits of Drupal. This is a great way to grow the Drupal community and promote your training services- so sign up today!
What is Drupal?
What is it: Half day workshop addressing the basics of Drupal
Audience: Those interested in evaluating or implementing Drupal
Curriculum: We can provide content, or you can use your own.
Cost: Free to attend
Intro to Drupal
What is it: Full day introductory training. Attendees will leave having successfully built a Drupal site.
Audience: Those interested in Drupal as a career path
Curriculum: Trainers must provide their own.
Cost: Free to low cost. Please keep as low cost as possible.
Terms of participation
- Your curriculum must be pre-approved by the DA (we can provide Intro to Drupal)
- You must setup your own registration page (and send us the link for promotion)
- You must share your attendee list + attendance stats with the DA
- You must submit to participate via the web form below
- To keep costs low for trainers, we are encouraging brown bag meals (attendees to provide meal/snacks)
Timeline for February training, 2014
- January 20: Web page promotion starts (please try to have registration pages up by this date)
- February 17: Deadline to have training registration pages ready to accept registrations
- February 28 or March 1: Global Training Days around the world!
What the Drupal Association will do:
- Promote your event(s) on the landing page on Drupal.org.
- Promote GTD on ADO, Groups Planet Drupal, ADO newsletter, Twitter and Facebook
- Send out news to the DA press list
- Provide the Drupal Training Days "I'm Training" badge for your company site
What the Trainers will be expected to do:
- Market the training day to your local area
- Create a registration page to accept registrations